In 2018, SMGS launched Kidpreneur. The program was a huge success and is now back for 2019! (To read all about the program launch in 2018, click HERE!)
Kidpreneur is an initiative designed to guide, support and equip today’s young people with the necessary skills to inspire our future entrepreneurs. The program is open to students from Years 5 – 9 and will run one lunchtime per week, commencing in Week 5 in Term 1. This will culminate in an ‘Eat Street Market Day’.
Junior School Eat Street Market: Thursday 28thMarch (Week 9)
Senior School Eat Street Market: Thursday 4thApril (Week 10)
- Understand the concepts of entrepreneurship
- Brainstorm product ideas
- Create a budget for the creation of the product
- Create a simple marketing plan
- Sell the product at Market Day
- Calculate profit and/or loss margins
- Analyse the business process.
- Students may work as individuals or as pairs
- Students must purchase the equipment to create their product in their own time under the guidance of their parents
- Students are to budget, plan and advertise during lunchtimes
- The product must retail on Market Day for $5 or less
- Students must bring the receipts for the purchase of equipment in to school
- After Market Day, equipment purchase costs will be reimbursed (provided the students have generated the required funds!)
- 50% of profits made will go towards a local charity nominated by the student group and 50% will go towards a school-based project.
- Drinks (e.g. spiders, milkshakes, smoothies, juices)
- Meals (e.g. nachos, hot dogs, sushi, sandwiches, spaghetti, soup, pizza)
- Desserts (e.g. cupcakes, slices, ice-cream sandwiches, doughnuts)
- No stalls will be permitted to sell the same product as another …
- Email your expression of interest to Mrs Bell on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend the first information and brainstorming session on Friday 1stMarch at 1:05pm in the P5 classroom.