Located on the banks of the picturesque Lake Jindabyne, the newly renovated Snowy Mountains Grammar School boarding house provides a modern, family-like facility in the heart of the school.
The current SMGS boarding house is located in the original boarding house used during the development of the Snowy Hydro Scheme. In 2016, the boarding house was completely renovated and provides students with modern facilities that create a family-like atmosphere.
All boarders have access to:
- Individual bedroom with vanity, desk and cupboard
- Common rooms with TV, DVD, etc.
- Kitchen, incorporating fridge, microwave, coffee and tea-making facilities, etc., as well as oven and stove top available for limited use in consultation with boarding staff
- Access to computers
- Wi-Fi access from their rooms and within the boarding house for both study and recreational purposes
- Sporting facilities, including the school oval and multi-purpose court (MPC)
- Barbecue facilities
- The facilities of the day school, including the library, which is open from 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday)
The boarding house is a short walk to the heart of Jindabyne and students have access to the amazing environment the surrounds the school grounds.