- This event has passed.
2016 Redlands Cup
Event Update – The event will proceed as scheduled. Please check back regularly for updates.
The 19th Redlands Cup will take place on Tuesday 12th July at Thredbo.
Course Inspection and Race Details
The races will take place off the Kosciuszko and Snowgums chairlifts on the Rossignol and World Cup Race Courses. Course inspection and access is easy via the Snowgums chair lift. Alpine course inspections will be at 8.15 am and race starting time is 9.00 am sharp. With more than 500 competitors, there will be 4 courses:
- Alpine & Snowboard Div 1, 2 & 3 (Rossi Race Courses)
- Alpine & Snowboard Div 4 , 5 & 6 (World Cup x 2)
Please see the Redlands Cup Program Run Sheet below for more details.
School Team Bib Pick Up
Bibs can be collected from 7:30am at the Avalanche Cafe, near Kosciusko Chair.
Final start lists and race course locations with run sheets will be available Redlands Marquee located in front of the Kosciuszko and Snowgums chairlift area.
- Helmets are mandatory for all competitors
- Every competitor’s parent or guardian must have signed a race event waiver
- The event and courses will be set subject to weather and snow conditions.
- Each racer will have a reverse order second run. Late entrants will run last.
- Team placings are best 3 of 4 Alpine, 2 of 3 Snowboard times for both runs.
- The Redlands Cup race rules are based on the Interschools rules and can be found on website.
- Every effort will be made to assist students entered in both Alpine & Snowboarding events to compete in both events. However, we cannot guarantee that they will be able to complete both events if circumstance dictates.
Perpetual Redlands Cups
- Fastest Alpine Boy
- Fastest Alpine Girl
- Fastest Snowboard Boy
- Fastest Snowboard Girl
To qualify individuals must be a member of a team that has the qualifying minimum number of competing participants.
The presentation will be held in the Thredbo Leisure Centre at 4.30 pm, with a video of the day being shown from 4.15pm. Return your race bib at the presentation to receive a free Redlands Cup backpack, generously donated by Mosman Audi. Also thanks to the generosity of McGrath Neutral Bay, there will also be a fabulous set of Thule roof bars and pod to be given away to a lucky parent.
Students competing for SMGS are to compete in School Ski Uniform, and wear a School Ski Jacket and school beanie for the presentation.
Transport from school is available for the event. The bus will depart school at 6:45am sharp.
Please contact Mr Bland prior to the day to arrange a seat on the bus: