- This event has passed.
2016 Scots Race
On the Day
The Scots Race will be held on Front Valley at Perisher.
Mr Bland will be in attendance on the day and can be contacted on 0477 324 794.
7:30am-9:00am on Monday 11th July
Students are required to collect their own bibs from the old children’s lunchroom, located on the upper level of the Skitube terminal at Perisher.
- Course Inspection from 9:30 am to 9:50am.
- Alpine racing from 10:00am.
- Snowboard racing from 12:30pm.
- Presentation from 4:00pm in the PUB, adjacent to the Village 8 Chair.
Students need to be at the top of the course 30 minutes prior to their event.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BE ON TIME FOR YOUR RACE
For more details on the program for the day, please see the event website:
Transport from school is available for the event. The bus will depart school at 7:15am and will take the 8:00am tube to Perisher. Students travelling on the school bus will take the 5:12 tube back down at the conclusion of the presentation.
Please contact Mr Bland prior to the day to arrange a seat on the bus:
Students who are competing in The Scots Race are expected to compete in the SMGS School Ski Uniform . Students are also expected to wear a school ski jacket and school beanie for the presentation.
Helmets must be worn.
All students must:
- Obey the Alpine Responsibility Code at all times.
- Have had their parents sign the Snowsports Waiver form.
- Have attended a SMGS Snowsports briefing.
- Never ski/ride alone.
- Ride with their Ski License at all times.