We are delighted to announce that the following scholarship applications for the 2018 academic year are now open:
Applications will close on Friday 3 November, 2017, at 4:00 pm.
To learn more about each scholarship, please visit: https://www.smgs.nsw.edu.au/enrolments/scholarships/
Ready to apply?
Please visit https://www.smgs.nsw.edu.au/enrolments/scholarships/apply/ or contact our Registrar, Mrs Angela Dutch by email on email@example.com or call 02 6457 1022.
Other dates to mark down in your calendar:
Give SMGS a try for a day – 2017 Open Day
On Friday 27 October 2017, SMGS will be hosting its 2017 Open Day and Orientation Day.
It is the perfect way to experience SMGS “in action” on a regular school day. This is also a wonderful opportunity for students who are considering attending or have already enrolled at SMGS, to attend for a day, become familiar with our routines and to meet and make friends ready for 2018.
Each student who registers to attend will receive a buddy, who will help guide them through the day and will be on hand to help them understand more about our wonderful school. Morning tea and lunch is also provided for each student through our canteen, Rokits Edibles.
We want to showcase why our school is a leader in the Snowy Monaro region and a good choice for 2018. We are excited to be named as a winner of The Educator Magazine’s Innovative Schools award for the second year running. We have so many exciting and personalised programs at SMGS and we want to share with you the commitment we have in supporting each child to succeed in their schooling journey.
To learn more about the SMGS 2017 Open Day and to register, please visit:
Let’s Explore – Kindergarten Readiness Program (Friday 20 October – Friday 17 November)
The free five-week transitional program, Let’s Explore, is made up of five sessions that have been designed to ease your child’s journey into the world of Kindergarten and Junior School.
This year, our Let’s Explore program was selected by The Educator Magazine as a winner of the 2017 Innovative Schools award.
The program is designed to assist each child prepare for their very special ‘first day’ of school and aims to leave each child feeling more comfortable and confident about their upcoming personal learning journey at school.
To learn more about the SMGS Let’s Explore program and to register, please visit: https://www.smgs.nsw.edu.au/junior-school/lets-explore/
Year 6 into Year 7 Transition Information Evening – Thursday 26 October at 6:00 pm
We warmly invite all currently enrolled and prospective students and their parents or carers who are considering SMGS for 2018 to attend our 2017 Year 6 into Year 7 Transition Information Evening.
The transition from Junior School into Senior School is a big step and this information night will cover everything you need to know about starting senior school at SMGS.
Topics to be covered on the evening include:·
- Introduction by Principal to Senior Staff, Head of Year, Counsellor
- Overview of the curriculum subjects for Year 7 students
- Approach to Teaching and Learning at SMGS
- Pastoral system – Tutor Group, Head of Year roles
- Year and class structure of Stage 4 (Year 7 and Year 8)
- Co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities
- Timetable information and structure of the daily routine for classes and sport
- Reporting timelines and type of information
- Academic tracking of student performances
- Online Learning Management System (LMS) – Canvas. What it is used for and how both students and parents can access it
- Buddy program for new students
- Lockers and combination padlocks
- Boarding at SMGS for Year 7 students (those interested can stay on for more information with the Head of Boarding)
- Orientation Day.
For more information, contact our Registrar, Mrs Angela Dutch, by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 6457 1022.
To register, please visit: https://www.smgs.nsw.edu.au/programs/year-6-into-7-registration/