This Day School Cleaner reports directly to the Director Corporate Services and is primarily focused on supporting students to improve their academic, social and emotional well-being through the provision of clean and tidy facilities that are correctly resourced, presenting the school in a positive light.
The Day School Cleaner is required to work both independently and in conjunction with other members of the Corporate Services and Academic teams including the Boarding House cleaner.
The Day School Cleaner should abide by the values of the School – Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Empathy.
The duties and responsibilities of the Day School Cleaner include:
- The Day School Cleaner will work to complete cleaning in accordance with a schedule that can be provided on request.
- The Cleaner will monitor the cleaning materials and paper goods of the school (and Boarding House) and will place an order through the School Receptionist when required.
- The Cleaner will liaise with cleaning related service providers where necessary, including cleaning products, paper goods, sanitary services and carpet cleaners.
- Other relevant tasks as determined by the School Principal and/or Director of Corporate Services.
- Cleaning, mopping and re-stocking of bathrooms.
- Empty bins and recycling.
- Vaccuum and/or sweep floors.
- Wiping desks.
- Cleaning, dusting, polishing and general cleaning.
- Spot clean walls and doors.
- Wash vinyl floors.
- Polish class doors.
- Cleaning staff kitchen areas.
- Removal of Cobwebs.
- Cleaning of windows and blinds.